Trough Belt Conveyor
Troughed belts are used for rapid and efficient conveying of various materials such as glass, cans, sand, waste paper, etc. The troughed belt runs in a ‘V’ shape along trough idlers fitted in a solid steel plate frame. Various belt widths are available, and the length can be adjusted for the intended use. Longer lengths are available as well.
The troughed belt conveyor is probably the most widely used and well known conveyor design of all types of belt conveyors. The troughed belt conveyor has proven to be a reliable and versatile conveyor in many applications and is probably more forgiving than most other types of conveyors when exposed to adverse operating conditions. Improved technology supporting the design of conveyor systems together with innovations in component design and a better understanding of the dynamics prevalent in conveyor belts during operation, have propelled troughed belt conveyors into broader applications and higher conveying capacities.
- Convey high tonnage of materials.
- Handle gradual inclines over long runs of 150 or more.
- Convey horizontal up to 28° incline depending on product.
- Require very little maintenance
- High efficiency
- Almost resistance-free conveying
- High operational reliability
- The safety devices include an off-track detector, speed detector, and pull wire switch.
- Water & waste water treatment facilities
- Power plant/coal
- Pulp & paper
- Solid waste
- High operational safety
- Low Maintenance